Students & Food Banks
AUSD Grab & Go Meals (all ages up to 18 yrs)
Starting Tuesday March 24, we will be serving meals two days per week – Tuesdays and Fridays – from Earhart Elementary School, Wood Middle School, and the Alameda Point Collaborative. The hours will be 11 am to 1 pm, and families will be provided with several days’ worth of food at a time.
Alameda Food Bank
Now located at AFB Warehouse 650 W Ranger Avenue, Alameda Point. This allows for much more social distancing due to the size of the warehouse (nearly 10,000 sf) and much more parking. This also allows for a drive through distribution where clients pull up in their cars and volunteers deliver a prepackaged bag to their car.
PANTRY DISTRIBUTION HOURS
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00-5:00 PM
Tuesday/Thursday 9:30-6:30 PM
- 1ST COME 1ST SERVED – We are suspending our normal ticket number lottery system to minimize the need for clients to line up. Clients will be served first come first served.
- FOOD SELECTION – We are attempting to maintain as much client food selection as possible. To that end we will be using a food selection form and volunteers will fulfill your order. Please see our website for additional information. alamedafoodbank.org
- CFS 1st Saturday Food Distribution Program is canceled until further notice. Beginning in April, clients may come twice a month to the Pantry program.
- NEW CLIENTS – We want to help anyone who is in need of food assistance right now. Please contact us at [email protected] or call 510-523-5850 for information.
Prescriptions & Medicine
Versailles Pharmacy: Free delivery for vulnerable residents. Call (510) 523-4907 or visit mygnp.com.
Walgreens: Walgreens is waiving delivery fees for all eligible prescriptions until further notice, with no minimum purchase required. https://news.walgreens.com/press-releases/general-news/walgreens-takes-further-action-to-support-customers-during-covid-19-pandemic.htm
CVS / Target CVS : CVS Pharmacy has waived charges for home delivery of prescription medications. https://cvshealth.com/newsroom/press-releases/cvs-health-announces-additional-covid-19-resources-focused-patient-access
Target: 8am – 9am each Wednesday for vulnerable guests, including the elderly and those with underlying health concerns. Target.com
Safeway: From 7am to 9am on Tuesday and Thursday for those vulnerable shoppers who must leave home to obtain their groceries, unless locally mandated. Safeway.com
Lucky: Special shopping hours for Seniors and guests with compromised health, Tuesday and Thursday 6am – 9am. LuckySupermarkets.com
Trader Joe’s: Limited hours from 9am – 7pm. Every day from 9 – 10am, there will be a separate line for seniors to expedite their shopping. TraderJoes.com
Raley’s/Nobhill: Coming soon – Senior Essentials Bag: Intended for seniors and at-risk customers in self-isolation or quarantine, our team members will build as many Senior Essentials Bags as they can each day. They will be available to our customers depending on inventory levels at each store and while supplies last.
Starting Saturday, we will have two unique Senior Essentials Bags available for purchase at a discounted price. These bags can be picked up daily curbside or in-store. We will make every effort to meet demand. Shop from either a $20 bag or a $35 bag. NobHill.com
Alameda Natural Grocery: Senior shopping hour every day from 8am – 9am. AlamedaNaturalGrocery.com
Grocery Outlet Bargain Market is open as normal. GroceryOutlet.com
Dan’s Fresh Produce, JP Seafood, Chestnut Encinal Market, Encinal Market, Bonfare Market, Aria Supermarket, Golden 7, and others remain open for business.
Whole Foods (in Oakland): 8am – 9am for vulnerable shoppers. WholeFoodsMarket.com
Meals on Wheels
Alameda Meals on Wheels (AMOW) is a locally-funded, seven-day-a-week program that has been delivering hot, nourishing meals to Alameda residents since 1973 weekdays 9am to Noon. Each day volunteers deliver a mid-day meal to more than 140 Alameda residents of all ages that need our assistance. Our subscribers pay on a sliding fee scale, based upon their ability.
Contact Rosemary Reilly, 510.865.6131, Fax: 510.865.2179, Ala[email protected]
- Alameda Homemade
- Or look for local restaurants on yelp.com
From grocery stores
- Whole Foods
- Nob Hill
- Shipt (also delivers office supplies, pet supplies, and pharmacy)
- Mercato – Alameda Natural Grocery, Dan’s Fresh Produce and JP Seafood
- Golden Gate Organics